7.24.2002

 
Ack! Okay, so it's been a while... I apologize to those of you who've been refreshing the page every five minutes for the last week in hopes that I'll make an update. Hehehe. Let's see... Jack and I went to Virginia this past weekend for his five-year high school reunion, and it was neat. We were at Claytor Lake for a total of about an hour and a half, but I got to meet all sorts of people he went to high school with (and their children... yipes). We also got to spend some more time with BJ, Jack's best friend (and best man), and his fiancee, Mandy. I know there's a way to put an accent over the e in fiancee, but I can't be bothered with that right now. I did just finish watching a French movie, though, so you'd think my Grammar Nazi tendencies would be polished, but this is not the case. The movie, in case you're wondering, is Amelie (with an accent over that first e), and if you haven't seen it, don't worry... I have the DVD, and if you're reading this update, I will make you watch it. It's an incredible movie. Annie Beth and I saw it together when I was in Nice last summer, and then it came to the States this past winter, so Jack and I went to see it with English subtitles, and I understood it even better. =) It's so cute, and it just came to DVD last Tuesday, so I bought it and then waited a week to watch it. Go figure.

And what did we watch this movie on, you ask? Well, our computer has DVD capabilities, but we watched it on our OWN DVD player. Jack's parents gave us money to buy a real TV and a DVD player, so we visited Best Buy on Monday night and blew it all. =) We had a TV before, but it was the 13" one that I bought when I went away to college, so we were ready for another one. This is like having a theater in our living room compared to what we had before. =)

Hmm... I'm still working on getting registered at Temple, and I decided to try a graduate seminar in Research in Music. I decided that's more important right now than Keyboard Harmony, even though I would take both in addition to Counterpoint if I thought I wouldn't kill myself in the process. I'm not sure if I'll be able to take this seminar for credit, but I'm hoping I can... and then I'll have a REAL research paper to give out when I reapply to grad schools this year. It's all very exciting, especially the part where I actually get to do what I want to do instead of worrying that I'm not good enough. Hopefully, this will develop into a trend for my life... but alas, all the answers are not revealed at once.

This weekend, I'm VERY excited because Jack and I are meeting Lauren and Katherine at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. Yay! I haven't been to a theme park in at least a year-- whenever I last visited Carowinds-- and Busch Gardens is immensely superior to any other park I've ever been to. Plus, I get to hang out with two of my best friends who I've barely seen since I moved... this is a plus. =) For now, I'm still working, and thanks to those of you who were concerned about the health of my feet, namely Granny... I've since gotten some fun "power-walking" inserts for my sneakers, so work isn't nearly so tiring. As soon as I can figure out how (or get Jack to show me how), I'm going to start posting reviews of things, like all the books and CDs I get to experience now that I work at a cool store. Look for it semi-soon. =) Bye for now... ~E

Labels: , ,


 

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

self

archives

what I read

where I go