12.05.2002

 
I'm sure everyone reading this has had snow in the last 24 hours... we sure did, even though it didn't start until the middle of the night last night. That was such a nice way to wake up, though... Jack rolled over, both of us half-asleep, and muttered, "Hey, look out the window." =) Anyway, I took the trolley into the city for class this morning, and 5 out of the 8 people in my class were there! I was surprised that only 3 people didn't come, since we had about 6 inches on the ground and it kept falling into early evening. Anyway, I got home from class just before 2, and Jack and I went and played in the snow with our camera. We even took a couple of pictures with our cat outside, just to be mean (or at least that's what she thought). She wasn't happy, so I took her back inside real quick. Our new digital camera is a bunch of fun, and hopefully tomorrow, on Jack's second day off, he'll put some of our pictures on the site. Hint: Snow angels were made.

Grad school applications and things are creeping along... I'm working on my Rhapsody in Blue paper, and it's a huge assignment, so I feel quite overwhelmed since it's due next Wednesday. I'm also trying to write my own little paper about a Chopin prelude to send to grad schools (a suggestion from one of my Temple profs), so I'm busy. Thankfully, I finished all my work for my other class, and our last meeting is next Tuesday to talk about the exam, which I'm not too apprehensive about. It's just this paper for the other class... but it'll get done. There are just so many books and sources for me to consider! Yipes! However, I'm getting a great sense of what my work load in grad school will be like, so it's good.

Borders is sort of the same, though business has definitely picked up in the last week. Supposedly, in the next two weeks, the store will be so packed that we won't be able to move (this is what we hear from our co-workers), so that should be an adventure. We're already sort of understaffed and we have a lot of new people who aren't comfortable doing everything yet, so at least the time will go quickly while I'm there. =)

Thanks to everyone who's sent a reply card to my mom... if you haven't sent yours in, please do so that we know a number! I think I'm preaching to the choir here, but if you know someone who hasn't sent it in because they have a question or because they've forgotten, please remind them. That's about all I have to say regarding the wedding... I'm looking forward to it, of course, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the vacation Jack and I get to have afterward. It will be needed, I can assure you. Must go... too much computer for one day. ~E

Labels: , , ,


 

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

self

archives

what I read

where I go