1.08.2003

 
Well, we've tied the knot, eaten the cake, had the honeymoon... and now life returns to normal in Philadelphia. Ugh.

Jack is back to work today, and my first day back is Friday. I can't say that we've missed Borders, but it will likely do us good to get back to interacting with others and earning money. Our apartment is full of the presents we've gotten (thanks to everyone... your official notes are being written!!). We got several Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards, so armed with my "20% off any one item" coupon, we bought a bread machine last night. Oh, it's been fun already! We watched the instructional video and made a loaf of bread, and right now, I've got it working on strawberry jam. This is going to be entirely too much fun! I can't wait to use all the new kitchen gadgets we have, like the blender, the ELECTRIC can opener (!), and the kitchen torch for crème brulée. =) If you're in the area, give me a little bit of notice, and I'll whip you up a nice meal... I'm really excited about having people over now. However, we only have a few of our new dishes (more are on the way), so we have to eat off the old dishes that Mom and Bill bought when they got married.

We had a fantastic time at the wedding... and now, we never have to do it again. It was fun, but OH, the stress. If you've had a big wedding, you understand, and if you want to have one, EEK! It's very much worth it, but it's a huge undertaking. =) Mom and I did a great job planning it and carrying it out, if I do say so myself (and Jack helped a little).

Several people have been asking me if it feels different to be married. Well, yes. It does. Jack and I were already thinking in terms of our life together, but to have it be official and legally binding is very neat. =) Also, I'm currently trying to change my name everywhere that's ever had a record of my existence, and I haven't quite gotten used to thinking of myself with my married name. Heck, I don't even know how to sign my new name yet. I'm sure I'll figure it out when I have to sign my driver's license, my new bank records, my Borders records, tax records, et cetera. If anyone has advice on how best to do all this without driving myself nuts, I welcome it. Okay, I need to go check on my jam now and find a container to put it in, so I will bid you all adieu for the time being. Adieu!

Labels: ,


 



<< Home

self

archives

what I read

where I go