Happy Mothers' Day to all the mommies reading this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're getting ready to move... and we're ready mentally, but BOY do we have a lot of packing to do. Urgh. We did several boxes last night, and we're really trying to get a jump on it so we won't be up all night the night before we move! Wish us luck. Speaking of luck, I have two exams (for my two classes... go figure); German is on Monday and Analysis is Tuesday. Woohoo. I'm nervous, simply because they're exams, but since my grades in these classes aren't as important as when I was in undergrad, I'm trying not to be too worried. I'll let you know how that works out. =)

Well, my birthday was a smashing success. Jack and I went to the Olive Garden (mmm) and then saw A Mighty Wind. We hadn't seen any of Christopher Guest's other movies (This is Spinal Tap, Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman), but we loved this one. If you don't know the format, they're known as "mockumentaries" (documentary style about fictitious characters and events). A Mighty Wind is about a bunch of folk groups who are reuniting for a concert commemorating their recently-deceased former manager... it's just hilarious. Anyway, we bought Best in Show (about a competitive dog show) from Borders and watched it, and it too was quite funny. =) I can't wait to see the others. =) This past Tuesday, I was supposed to go to Mom's for a belated birthday dinner, and Lauren and Katherine were going to come as well. As a fun twist, I got a migraine on Tuesday and spent several hours throwing up... what a fun time that was. Anyway, the few migraines I've had (this makes three in two years) have been severe but short, luckily, so it was gone by 6 p.m. and we had my party the next day! I was happy Lauren and Katherine could still come, since it involved some schedule rearranging.

The other bit of news on the Patti front, since we haven't created a blog for her yet, is that Patti was my best huntress last week. I came back from the shower and there was a REALLY ugly bug in the bedroom... one of those prickly long ones with two or three hundred legs. She wasn't in the room when it appeared, so I picked her up from the hall and put her down in front of it, hoping she would eat it. It was a nice idea, anyway. She looked at it for a while, and when she reached down to nose it, it took off... boy could that thing run! Anyway, I told her to keep an eye on it since I was pretty sure she wouldn't eat it, and I went to get the Raid. If Jack had been there, I might have asked him to take it outside and rehabilitate it, but I was alone, and it was creepy and big. She tracked it under a pile of Jack's dirty clothes and wouldn't let it out until I came back. Finally, it ran out, and as soon as I sprayed it, Patti ran away, I guess from the sound of the aerosol. It died, and we had a moment of silence, and then I got dressed and went to class. I was jumpy for the next several hours... in case you can't tell, I'll just let you know that I'm not a bug person. I make Jack deal with them, which might be old-fashioned and anti-feminist of me, but bugs are yuck. That's all the news that's fit to print... I'm off to work.

Labels: , , ,



Post a Comment

<< Home



what I read

where I go