9.06.2004

 

Lawn chemicals?

So, Jack and I were out in the lawn today looking at our giant oak tree and thinking about our fence. We were out there for less than five minutes, and suddenly, my legs began to itch like crazy. I came inside quickly, only to discover that I had gotten roughly ten bug bites on my legs in the short span of time we were outside. Jack got several too, and they're all getting huge and ugly and red. I quickly deduced that we need to spray our lawn to kill whatever swarms of insects are living in it, since the bites occurred on our legs and were likely from things that jumped out of the wild, untamed grass. (Well, it gets mowed, but I still consider it untamed, since we have grass growing on top of grass from years of neglect by previous owners.)

Who has suggestions for products that you've used or heard about for killing bugs in the lawn? We also have a fire ant problem, so some kind of comprehensive spray would be great. And honestly, I don't care if it kills some of the grass, as long as we're left with a little bit. =) I welcome your comments below or emails to me on the subject. Thanks.

Labels: ,


 

Comments:

Erica: Check with the LSU Ag Center the Lousiana Extension office for fireants and the manner by which insects may be treated. Ann
 
Thanks, Anonymous (a.k.a. Ann). We'll get right on it as soon as Ivan clears out of town. =)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

self

archives

what I read

where I go