1.22.2005

 

A Funny

Just to give everyone a current example of my Grammar Nazism, here is the following anecdote:

Yesterday morning, I was listening to NPR, and our local station was doing a news break. LSU got a new football coach a few weeks ago, and I had heard his name before but apparently had never really been listening. The woman on the radio said his name, Les Miles, and my immediate thought was, "No, it should be Fewer Miles! His name is grammatically incorrect!"

Okay, it was funny to me.

Labels: ,


 

Comments:

I thought it was funny, and I'm sure that Carole will, too. (Mom)
 
What, KATHERINE actually thought about French?? Sacré-bleu!!

Yes, I realized that it looked like the plural of "miles" in French after I typed it, but I decided not to cloud the joke with extra commentary.

You're freakin' hilarious, though. I miss you and your run-on personality. =)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

self

archives

what I read

where I go