12.30.2005
3
Jack and I celebrated our third anniversary on Wednesday. =) I cooked a yummy dinner of Chicken and Non-Chicken Castellina (an Olive Garden dish I got the recipe for), and even though we had said no presents or anything this year, Jack brought me home three long-stemmed red roses. He put those in a bottle, and he lit three candles in our crystal candle holders, and we had a really nice dinner. Then, we watched I ♥ Huckabees, which is an odd film in the genre of wacky comedies like Wes Anderson movies (The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic, etc.). We enjoyed it, but it needs a second viewing, so I think we're going to watch it again this weekend since we have it for a few more days.
Also on the agenda for this weekend is painting our bedroom, since my mom got us paint for Christmas (among other things). We have a light blue color called Woodlawn Blue Angel, which will go in our bathroom and the recessed part of our bedroom where the counter and sink and mirror are, and we have a soft brown with a little bit of pink called Irish Tea to go on the rest of the walls of our bedroom. (I had wanted a different brown color called Dust Bunny, but I couldn't find the paint swatch when we went back to Lowe's, and my mom found this other color that has a little more pink to soften it up, which will be great.) The theory is that the two colors will help separate the bathroom space from the bedroom space. I'll take pictures once it's done and we have everything on the walls. We'll have some new things on the wall, too; we found some cute square cards at Ikea with different heart-shaped things (rocks, feathers in a heart shape, etc.), and my aunt and uncle bought us some white square frames for the cards. I'm excited to see all of it on the walls, especially since we just have boring white right now with very few things hanging up.
I'm working on a Christmas post about our trip to Colorado, but it involves photos, so it's taking a while. Check back soon for more on that!
Also on the agenda for this weekend is painting our bedroom, since my mom got us paint for Christmas (among other things). We have a light blue color called Woodlawn Blue Angel, which will go in our bathroom and the recessed part of our bedroom where the counter and sink and mirror are, and we have a soft brown with a little bit of pink called Irish Tea to go on the rest of the walls of our bedroom. (I had wanted a different brown color called Dust Bunny, but I couldn't find the paint swatch when we went back to Lowe's, and my mom found this other color that has a little more pink to soften it up, which will be great.) The theory is that the two colors will help separate the bathroom space from the bedroom space. I'll take pictures once it's done and we have everything on the walls. We'll have some new things on the wall, too; we found some cute square cards at Ikea with different heart-shaped things (rocks, feathers in a heart shape, etc.), and my aunt and uncle bought us some white square frames for the cards. I'm excited to see all of it on the walls, especially since we just have boring white right now with very few things hanging up.
I'm working on a Christmas post about our trip to Colorado, but it involves photos, so it's taking a while. Check back soon for more on that!
Labels: house, husband things, kitchen adventures
