12.30.2005
Silly
I've been copying music from CDs onto my iPod since Jack gave it to me a few weeks ago, and today I ran across a funny thing. iTunes, the program I use on my computer to facilitate the copying, is normally great about finding the track names online, if they don't pop up right away when I put the CD in the drive. And I want the track names to appear, since I have to be able to navigate my iPod and find the music I want to listen to. Anyway, when I searched online for the track names for Verdi's opera Otello, the names of the various tracks came up correctly, but the genre it came up with was "Alternative & Punk." Luckily, I was able to edit the info before putting it on my iPod, but I want to know whether someone was being funny on purpose or whether this was a data entry mistake. I guess Iago is a punk, but that's about all I can figure. Weak Shakespeare humor. =)
Labels: listening miscellany
