9.05.2006

 

The random things you hear on NPR

Cute interview on Morning Edition this morning... the man who does the puppeteering and voice for Elmo has just written a book called My Life as a Furry Red Monster, and he and Elmo were interviewed about it by NPR's Steve Inskeep, who had trouble keeping a straight face through the whole thing. I was surprised to learn that the puppeteer is black, though I guess I was more surprised to hear any kind of adult voice talking about creating this three-and-a-half-year-old puppet character. It was a great start to my day.

I know my friend Lauren will listen to it, at least, what with Elmo being one of her TV husbands and all. =) Of course, Lauren's new REAL husband might have a thing or two to say about that.

Labels:


 

Comments:

I wish I could've heard that! I DID, however, hear part of an interview that he did on the Today show this morning with Matt Lauer. It was so funny to see him switch back and forth between being a grown man to being 3 year old Elmo. He better be on alert--being a puppeteer on Sesame Street is one my seeeeeeecretttttt goals. Shhhhhh! :)--Heather
 
That's great! I heard the preview for the interview, but went out of range of an NPR station before it came on. (ahh, the joys of Central PA -- I was driving to PSU for a couple days) Apparently Elmo and Kevin were on Oprah last week too, so they are making the media rounds. Thanks for posting that! :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

self

archives

what I read

where I go