5.24.2007

 

Roasting veggies

Here's a yummy dinner recipe I made last night. It's basic, and it's also open to interpretation, which is what I like best about cooking. =)

Julienne vegetables (I used zucchini, red onion, yellow pepper, carrot, and a bit of garlic), place in a roasting pan, then toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and dried herbs. Roast at 425 F for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook whole wheat vermicelli, drain, and toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking, then add garlic salt if desired. Put some vermicelli on each plate, then top with roasted veggies and grated parmesan.

It was quite the yummy, nutritious dinner, and except for chopping veggies, it was nearly effortless. Enjoy!

Labels:


 

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

self

archives

what I read

where I go