6.17.2008

 

Anatomy lesson

No, not the dirty kind.

I remember our awesome anatomy teacher, Mrs. Crossley, telling us in 11th grade that it's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. Something about the connection between eyes and nose... and she mentioned it around the same time she was telling us why we squint and sometimes sneeze when we go out into the sun. I don't pretend to remember why, but that random factoid has followed me around for the past decade.

Last night, while I was brushing my teeth, Jack was describing a web comic that often has him dissolving into giggles. It was so funny that I started laughing in the midst of brushing my teeth, and then when I tried to spit into the sink, I found myself completely unable to do it because I was laughing so hard. I couldn't close my lips enough to spit, so there I was, leaning over the sink, guffawing with toothpaste drool just kind of running out of my mouth. Wonderful.

So we can add "laughing and spitting at the same time" to the list of things that humans cannot do, or at least things that Ericas cannot do.

Labels: ,


 

Comments:

ROTFL! At first I thought you were going to say that you spit toothpaste out of your nose (which I think would hurt, with the minty flavor, eek!)
 
I really like xkcd too and I hadn't seen the one you linked to yet! So thanks for that - I laughed!! :-)
 
Hi Erica - I just discovered your blog, and am so excited to see pictures of all of you. It looks like you're all doing great. You'll have to come and view our blog, too.
Jenny
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

self

archives

what I read

where I go