12.07.2010

 

DPP Day 7



We had a hard freeze last night, so this morning some of our less hardy plants are starting to shrivel up. The basil plant looks terrible and will be completely brown by tomorrow, I'm sure. The pumpkin vine has also started to wither, so today, Kent and I scooted out to the garden with a large knife and cut one of the pumpkins off the vine. The second one may never completely ripen, depending on how that vine is doing, but I figured the one that's basically ripe can stand to come inside now. I washed it off, then weighed it, and it's a whopping 13 pounds. It will surely make many delicious pies and raviolis. And it's already made one little boy very proud of himself and his budding (ha) gardening skillz.

Labels: , ,


 

Comments:

WOWEE, Kent!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

self

archives

what I read

where I go